All of the flavors of the classic Italian caprese salad are combined in this easy picnic pasta salad. Fresh tomatoes, basil and mozzarella balls combine with Italian dressing for a winning flavor combo.
Hands-on Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 45 min. | Serves: 10 | Difficulty: Easy
- 2 packages (9 oz.) refrigerated white and/or spinach cheese tortellini
- 1 cup Italian vinaigrette
- 1 package (12 oz.) cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 package (8 oz.) fresh mozzarella pearl balls
- ¼ cup fresh basil, torn
- Cook tortellini as directed on package; drain. In large bowl, mix warm tortellini with vinaigrette. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Mix tomatoes and mozzarella balls with tortellini. Just before serving, toss in basil.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 320, Calories from Fat 160, Total Fat 18g (28% DV), Saturated Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 35mg (12% DV), Sodium 770mg (32% DV), Carbohydrates 25g (8% DV), Dietary Fiber 2g (8% DV), Sugars 4g, Protein 13g, Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 20%, Iron 8%.