Created by: Emily Buys, Clever Housewife
Homemade spring rolls add a little class to any gathering! They’re fairly easy to make, and so good that nobody can turn them down.
5 minutes | Prep time: 20 minutes | Serves: 15
- ¼ cup bean thread noodles or rice noodles
- ¾ lb. ground chicken
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, finely grated
- 3 cups green cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg, separated
- 25 spring roll wrappers
- Canola or vegetable oil for frying
- Prepare noodles according to package instructions. Drain.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all ingredients except wrappers and oil. Stir to incorporate.
- Open package of spring roll wrappers, being careful not to let them dry out. If needed, place a damp paper towel over the top of the wrappers while assembling rolls. If you work quickly or have help you may not need to do this.
- With a wrapper in front of you in the shape of a diamond, add 2 tablespoons chicken mixture just below the middle of the wrapper. Fold bottom corner of wrapper over mixture. Roll up, folding the sides over as you roll. Seal with the remaining egg white by dipping a finger in the egg white and running it along the edge of the wrapper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat. Make sure there is enough oil to cover the spring rolls. When the oil is nice and hot, cook the spring rolls until golden brown for 2-5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.