This is a delicious sweet potato pie, made with just the right combination of spices and sugar.
Hands-on: 20 minutes
Total: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes (about 1 large or 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup whole milk or half-and-half
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9")
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat mashed sweet potato with butter, sugars, milk, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Beat until smooth and well blended. Pour filling into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. The pie will settle as it cools.