Stovetop, one skillet chili – perfect for an after-trick-or-treat meal or before the candy extravaganza begins!
Hands-on Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 40 min. | Serves: 4 to 6 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz.) dark or light red kidney beans, drained
- ½ cup water
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups cooked elbow pasta
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef with the onion and garlic; drain fat.
- Add chili powder, cayenne, tomatoes, kidney beans, water and tomato paste; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and sprinkle with cheese. Cover until cheese begins to melt, about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve in bowls atop elbow pasta, topping each serving with shredded lettuce.
Per serving: Calories 730, Calories from Fat 210, Total Fat 23g (35% DV), Saturated Fat 10g (50% DV), Trans Fat 0.5g, Cholesterol 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 1010mg (42% DV), Carbohydrates 82g (27% DV), Dietary Fiber 14g (56% DV), Sugars 15g, Protein 48g, Vitamin A 50%, Vitamin C 70%, Calcium 35%, Iron 40%.