The addition of steak to this simple salad makes a perfect warm weather meal.
- 2 beef steaks, center-cut
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 olive oil
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, pitted, finely chopped
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 small English cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 red onions, sliced in thin wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat grill to medium. Grill steaks, covered, 5 minutes per side. Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix garlic, dried oregano, and pepper.
- In separate small bowl, combine 1/4 teaspoon of seasoning mixture, olive oil, cheese and olives; mix well and set aside. Sprinkle half of remaining seasoning onto steaks on grill; turn steaks over and sprinkle with seasoning. Grill, covered, about 8 minutes longer: until temperature reaches 140° F, turning once. Remove steaks from grill.
- In a bowl, combine greens, cucumber and onion. Toss with dressing to coat. Slice steak into thin slices; sprinkle with salt. Arrange salad mixture on serving plates; top with steak. Serve immediately.