Load these tacos with spice rubbed steak slices and lots of toppings for a satisfyingly salty crunch and soft taco. If serving guests, have them join in the fun by prepping and getting all the toppings ready for indulging.
Hands-on Time: 20 min. | Total Time: 50 min. | Serves: 6 to 8 | Difficulty: Medium
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic granules
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1¼ lb. top sirloin steak, about 1” thick
- 12 small tortillas, 5-6” diameter
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 3 ripe avocadoes, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 3 cups favorite prepared salsa
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Combine the rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- Rub one side of steak with half the rub mixture. Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- While the steak is sitting, prepare the grill for high heat.
- Spread the remaining rub on the other side of the steak. Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Warm the tortillas by placing them on the grill for about 30 seconds, turning once. Wrap in a cloth napkin to keep warm.
- Grill the steak for 6 minutes on each side for medium rare, turning once.
- Remove the steak from the grill and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Slice into thin slices.
- Let guests make their own tacos or assemble and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 630, Calories from Fat 280, Total Fat 32g (49% DV), Saturated Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 85mg (28% DV), Sodium 1540mg (64% DV), Carbohydrates 54g (18% DV), Dietary Fiber 12g (48% DV), Sugars 10g, Protein 35g, Vitamin A 35%, Vitamin C 70%, Calcium 20%, Iron 30%.